You have to meet these words in many TV reality shows. Pride host this slogan is another area of adventure movement sometimes we call it extreme sports. This is what we usually do not do every day. Do you swim with dolphins, or do you go diving or deep sea diving or sailing? Are you riding an elephant or camel or parachuting? All these and more things form a risky sport. They look very exciting and interesting. But the excitement they still when we fall on a lot of other? Many sports like parachuting, bungee jumping from the cliff and so on.
Advantages of extreme sports
1. It keeps us extremely fit. It helps to burn calories and keeps the blood flowing. It stretches the limits of our body little by little thus helping us become stronger.
2. It is a great way of having fun. Just like any other sport, it relaxes one’s mind and rejuvenates it.
3. It provides us with new experiences. It gives an opportunity to live life to the fullest and to escape from everyday routine. It gives some thrill to life and these experiences become great memories to cherish during the routine life.
4. It also gives a sense of achievement.
5. It helps build confidence and motivation. This in turn helps people to take risks in their work where sometimes when needed, people are too timid to take a risk or hard decision.
6. They help get rid of monotonous life as well as frustration, stress, bad emotions, etc.
7. It also helps overcome fear and builds strength – physical and mental, endurance, will-power, responsibility, etc.
8. Added to this, many of the extreme sports are outdoor activities and help us get in touch with nature.
Disadvantages of extreme sports
1. They are very dangerous.
2. It is like putting your life in unnecessary danger just for recreational purpose.
3. There is a very high possibility of injuries even with the safety precautions. Many even die trying and performing these feats. It is straining the body out of the comfort zone and may not go down well if the body is not prepared for such heavy workout or one is not a regular practitioner of adventure sports.
4. Also, sometimes a person may not realize the fragility of one’s health and may get into trouble. He or she might think they are fit but such adventure sports increase heart rate, give an adrenaline boost, etc. which can cause even heart attacks. So there is no way to determine accurately whether a person is fit for these sports or not.
5. These sports can be traumatic too.
6. Also if a person is unable to perform satisfactorily in such sports, it can dent the confidence as many see these sports as a proof of guts, daring and many a times masculinity.
7. Equipment or gears needed may be very expensive. Also the gear and equipment are mostly for safety purposes. So safety is costly in such sports.
8. Some might get into trouble with law. E.g. Extreme sports’ athletes also are commonly prosecuted for defacing property and trespassing as in skateboarders, BMX riders, etc.
9. Also family, relatives and friends worry about us and our safety. So choosing such a sport takes a toll on them too. They live in fear of our safety.
10. For some sports, to enjoy them in a better manner one needs to train properly. In such a hectic schedule and fast paced life it is difficult to find time for such things.
Like a coin on both sides, extreme sports have their own strengths and weaknesses. Many times more than the advantages of shortcomings. They have no obligation. Is willing to become part of it. But need to understand that the ultimate use of these extreme sports is to be divorced from life, not being included in your daily life. If they are included in a regular life, no one can be far from proper training and equipment. We decide what we need to do and how careful we have to limit the way we must follow. Appropriate precautions and training can help us to enjoy sports better.