What calls for special attention is that No. 8-seeded Syracuse and top-ranked Maryland meet in a NCAA Tournament quarterfinal game Saturday at Brown Stadium in Providence.
The Orange (12-4) and Terrapins (15-2) have met 16 times in the history of the programs, and just five times in the last- 25 years. Maryland owns a 10-6 record over the Orange all-time, including a 2-1 mark since head coach John Desko took over in 1999, but Syracuse is 4-3 in NCAA Tournament games against the Terps and 1-1 all time at neutral sites.
The game starts at noon and will be televised by ESPNU, with Mike Corey and Matt Ward on the call, and is also available on ESPN3.
Below is the list of channel numbers for ESPNU in the Syracuse area:
- New Visions: Channel 759 (HD) and 73 (SD)
- You can also watch online through Watch ESPN or by using the Watch ESPN app for tablets and mobile devices.
- Time Warner: Channel 370 (SD & HD)
- Verizon Fios: Channel 573 (HD) and 73 (SD)
- DirectTV: Channel 208 (SD & HD)
- Dish Network: Channel 141 (SD &HD)
ESPN3 is available online through Watch ESPN or by using the Watch ESPN app for tablets and mobile devices.
What’s more, TK99 will broadcast the game, with Brian Higgins (play-by-play) and Kyle Fetterly (color) calling the action. WAER will also be carrying the game, with Michael Tricarico, Connor Morrissette and Conor Green calling the action.