Want to work at the BMC? Love our social media, events, Summit magazine, BMC TV and membership, and like working with people as much as the outdoor lifestyle? If this sounds like you, then get in touch: we’re looking for a marketing & events co-ordinator to join the BMC Marketing and Communications team for one year.
We want you to join our team. We’re looking for the right person to represent the BMC at events, who can demonstrate their creativity developing and co-ordinating our presence at events whilst juggling online PR and marketing work.
Excellent organisational skills and an eye for detail will be required to maintain our high-quality stands at these events, and you must be totally happy to flip between working on print to digital, and back again. If you’re interested, and fit the descriptions below, then please get in touch.
VIEW: Job description and person specification for marketing & events co-ordinator role
You’ll probably have:
- A minimum of one year’s marketing and/or events experience and a real passion for climbing, walking or the mountains.
And you’ll be:
- Working as part of a small, dedicated team to shout about BMC membership and travel insurance across all channels and be a friendly face at our events.
- A key member of the BMC Marketing and Communications team, working closely with the digital marketing co-ordinator and the online communication co-ordinator, reporting directly to the head of marketing and communications.
How to apply
To apply for this position please send the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A one page covering letter explaining your interest in the job.
- An up-to-date CV with details of two referees (note: we will not contact referees without your permission).
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 28 June 2017 at 5pm. Interviews will take place week on 4 July 2017 at our offices in Manchester.
The BMC is the national body for climbers, walkers and mountaineers in England and Wales, with 83,000 members, 33 staff and a nationwide network of volunteers.
MEET: Our Ambassador Team
We have six inspirational BMC ambassadors: Shauna Coxsey, Hazel Findlay, Steve McClure, James McHaffie, Chris Townsend and Mary-Ann Ochota.
WATCH: The BMC Ambassadors series trailer on BMC TV
WATCH: Your backstage pass to Shauna’s Bouldering World Championships 2014 experience in Munich on BMC TV
WATCH: BMC Ambassador Hazel Findlay on BMC TV
WATCH: An interview with Steve McClure on BMC TV
WATCH: BMC ambassador James McHaffie taking a fall from the Headwall Pitch of Salathé Wall on BMC TV
WATCH: Chris Townsend backpacking in the Lake District on BMC TV
WATCH: Mary-Ann Ochota in Great Walks: Catbells on BMC TV