The BMC Welsh Lead Climbing Championships (Lead Cup Round 2) is being held at the Beacon Climbing Centre, Caernarfon (Leading) on Saturday 3 June and the Junior British Bouldering Championships 2017 is being held at The Depot Manchester (Bouldering) on Saturday 17 June 2017. These competitions are designed to be a fun but competitive events.
BMC Welsh Lead Climbing Championships – the lead event is open to Senior competitiors as well as the Junior categories down to Youth E – those born on 31 December 2009 or earlier. Note that this event will also be Round 2 of the BMC Lead Cup for all categories except Youth D & E.
Date & venue – Lead competition – Saturday 3 June – Beacon Climbing Centre, Caernarfon – Youth D & E – Top roping, all other categories lead climbing. – ENTRY NOW CLOSED
BMC Junior British Bouldering Championships – Boulder competition is open to young climbers born between 1 January 1998 and 31 December 2005 – Junior, Youth A, B and C categories – ENTRY NOW CLOSED
Date & venue – Bouldering competition – Saturday 17 June – The Depot Manchester
Team coaches from the GB Development Squad will be looking at performances in these events as it will be used as part of the continuing monitoring process for the GB Development Squad.
ENTRY NOW CLOSED
Lead – Saturday 3 June: registration/warm up opens : 8am, closes: 9am. Climbing starts at 10am.
This event is lead climbing only. It will include two qualifying rounds and a final.
Boulder – Saturday 17 June: registration/warm up opens: 8am – full timetable will be posted shortly.
There will be 8 problems to compete in the qualifiers and 4 problems in the final.
Competitors will compete in the international competition climbing categories for 2017, according to the year in which they were born. These are as follows:
Youth E – born in 2008 or 2009 – Welsh Championship only
Youth D – born in 2006 or 2007 – Welsh Championship only
Youth C – born in 2004 or 2005
Youth B – born in 2002 or 2003
Youth A – born in 2000 or 2001
Juniors – born in 1998 or 1999
Seniors – born in 1997 or earlier
Event vests will not be provided
The British Junior Climbing Team is supported by the BMC and the Berghaus. Many UK walls also support the British Climbing Team through free or subsidised entry.
Entry to either the lead or boulder event with BMC, MCS and MCI membership is £20 and non members £25.
If you wish to enter both events you can do so at the reduced rate of £30/£40 for members/non-members respectively.
The deadline for entry for the Welsh Lead Climbing Championships event is 12pm (midday) Wednesday 31 May.
The deadline for entry for the Junior British Bouldering Championship event is 12pm (midday) Wednesday 14 June.
ENTRY NOW CLOSED
• Please complete and submit online entry form by the deadlines stated above.
• Only online applications will be accepted. On the day entries will be accepted but they must be registered by 08:30am at the latest or they won’t be allowed to compete. On the day entries will be added to the TOP of the start list for qualifier 1 i.e. they will climb first.
• Parental consent must be given for any competitor aged 12 to 17 years on the day of the event.
• All applicants will receive an email confirming receipt of their application. They will then receive a further e-mail containing full event information two days before the event.
Please note that emails do not always reach their destination, it is therefore your responsibility to contact the BMC if email notification has not been received by Friday before each event.
• Rob Adie (BMC Competition Climbing Officer) email: email@example.com
JOIN THE BMC: Save 50% on your first year’s membership
The BMC works for indoor climbers like you. Benefits include:
- Retail discounts
- Access to BMC Travel Insurance
- Register for Mountain Training award schemes
- £10m worldwide Combined Liability insurance
- £10,000 Personal Accident insurance
- Discounted entry to many competitions
Find out more about BMC membership benefits
WATCH: Molly Thompson-Smith: Portrait of a Champion on BMC TV
Follow the BMC’s competition climbing Twitter feed: @BMC_Comps
Find all upcoming competitions here.